Muddling up list/off-list email: argh!

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 03:17:48AM -0700 or thereabouts, Petri Coetzee wrote:
[and quoted something in email I sent off-list, so for those people wondering
if their mailers are fouling up: no, you didn't get the original.]

This is about the third time it's happened to me this week, and at
least two of them were related to gnome-list.

Can I make a plea that people don't automatically send replies to
email I send off-list back *to* the list? It's very disconcerting.

When I reply off-list, it's either because I don't think the entire
list is going to be particularly interested, or because it's going
to be a long reply that's only vaguely, if at all, relevant to Gnome.

My plan was that if I found a useful way that made sense, I'd write it
up, put it somewhere, and put a pointer to it on the list, in the
interests of saving list bandwidth for the people who are downloading
all their email in one big lump. (This is a very busy list at the
best of times, and it gets a lot of non-GNOME, more generally
Linux-related questions.)

Petri, sorry to pick on you for this: you're not the only one. You're
just the person who happened to do it today.

Telsa