Re: Problem to change colors

----- Original Message -----
From: Ezequiel <hreyes@seg.inf.cu>
To: <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 11:51 AM
Subject: Problem to change colors

> I am new to Gnome, I have RedHat 6.0 with the Gnome version that comes
with
> it and I am trying to change the colors of the windows (not the panels,
but
> the rest of the windows), the only program that seems to do with that is
> Color Browser, but it only let me see the colors, not to apply  them. Am I
> missing any application like "color selector" or something ? I even tried
> changing parameters on the gtkrc files located in the /usr/share/ ..
> themes/,  using float format to change what seems to be RGB patterns but I
> think, there must be a more visual way to do it.

I'm not exactly sure what you'r asking about but it sounds like you want to
change your GTK theme or your winow manager theme. Both of these can be
changed through the control center. The winow manager theme stuff applies
exclusively to window borders (resize handles, titlebars, close/maximize
button, etc). GTK themes (which you've been playing with manually) control
how GTK based applications look including menus, buttons, etc. If you just
want to change colors, etc. in your GTK theme, then editing the gtkrc file
is the only way to do it at the moment (I think). If you want to try themes
that someone else has put to gether then you can just switch themes with the
theme selector of the control center.

I hope that helps.

--Ben