Re: Configuring mailcheck

D-Man <dsh8290 rit edu> writes:

> Less than ideal would be to have 1 applet per mail file.

My solution is two-fold.

First, subscribe to a bunch of mailing lists.  When you get 500-800
messages a day, you stop caring about when most of it arrives.  My
procmail setup filters everything I care about into one file, and
everything else into another.  mailcheck watches the file I care
about.

Next, set up your mailer to split the two files into the
groups/folders they really should be in.  In some mailers (Gnus) this
has side benefits (set up filters and group posting addresses in one
shot).

--
Alan Shutko <ats acm org> - In a variety of flavors!
7 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes, 27 seconds till we run away.