Re: RESPIN

> Hmm...no KDE2 for RH7, eh? Too bad. Guess RH is too focused
> on pushing Gnome as the GUI of choice. Then again, KDE has
> always been a second-class GUI as far as RedHat is
> concerned. I'm not necessarily asking them to push it
> HARDER than Gnome, I just wish they'd push 'em Equally. I'm
> REALLY not trying to restart the GUI wars. I just happen to
> have gotten used to KDE and like it better. :-)
>         John

well for me anyway..( PII450-seattle/128ram/RIVa TNT16mb/13.6HD ) gnome is
sluggish ( on startup only I mean and its frustrating ) on FM and sometimes
GNORPM..most others apps seem to load as usual......heck sometimes FM takes
like 15 or more seconds just to load........similar things with GNORPM ( albeit
kpackage is similar i know if must read the rpm database ) and i'd love to know
why as I like Gnome...anyone else ever had these issues with Gnome......i'd
heard ( although it seems unlikely?) that Gnome doesn't work well with newer
processors????....i've always like the transparent console and the fact I can
place windows with pixel efficiency it feels less quirky.......

lee
-=-