Issues with latest gnome-core and sawfish

Ever since I did the latest sawfish upgrade my focus settings seem to have
changed.  Windows don't receive the focus when they start, popup windows don't
have the focus, the panel now accepts the focus, and so on.  I've tried
changing the focus settings in the sawfish configurator but they don't seem to
have any effect.  Here's what I've got selected:

- Give windows focus even when they don't ask for it
- when does the mouse pointer affect the input focus: click
- Does click to focus pass click through to window? No
- focus windows when they are first displayed? Yes
- Dialog windows inherit focus from parent? Yes
- Raise windows when they are focues? Yes

Anybody else seeing this?  I use the helix-installer to keep up to date on all
changes on a hybrid redhat 6.1/2 intel system.