Re: gdm crash & restart problem

> Hi,
>
> I have dug out some mutterings from during the summer while doing an online
> search about this, suggesting that it was a problem with xfs, although I
> can find no solution documented:

I assume you have a linux cd, try to re-install the gdm system from the
disk, if it's in rpm format you could try "rpm -e gdm" to remove gdm
then "rpm -Uhv gdm-whaterve-your-system-calls-it.rpm"

I had this exact same problem about 6 months ago, and I spent hours
trying to sort it out, eventually I was able to re-instal all my gdm
config fiels from a back up and this fixed it.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss