Re: Using ALT in applications

Under Debian anyway, and I would THINK other dists as well, but.... the
104 key keyboard is already mapped similarly. The 'Alt' keys generate
ALT_L and ALT_R, left micros~1 generates Meta_L, and I think right
micros~1 generates Multi_Key but I have it mapped to Meta_R and use the
menu key for Multi_Key.

Now the other question is which of the unnamed Mod bits gets to be
dedicated to which set of keys. Basic X specification doesn't say; it's
only general consensus that ALT uses Mod1 and Meta uses Mod4.. There just
aren't enough modifier bits for real Space Cadet keyboards. ;/