Re: Helix & Redhat 7 (The Jones is over)

Alan Shutko <ats acm org> writes:

> Jan Houtsma <jan houtsma net> writes:
>
> > What could be a reason to switch from the standard Gnome shipped
> > with RedHat7.0 towards Helix Gnome? Whar are the differences?
>
> More packages, usually more frequent updates.

Plus extra-slick artwork splashed here and there, a very solid (in my
experience) helix-update utility, no-brainer install procedure (sure I
have a brain, I just use it for other things <*cough*>) and a
committment to supporting a wide range of distributions and
applications.  Just a few reasons off the top of my head.

No, they don't pay my salary.  Just, IMHO, an example of a great
company choosing a really worthwhile project, and executing it to
perfection.

--
Cheers,
Rich.