RE: RH7/CORBA compile queries (was RH7/gnome compile queries)

I get this all the time on my RH7, x86, system.  No problems before on RH6.2 using an upgraded gcc 2.95.2.  ( I get the errors for any of the CORBA apps b/c they all include this file )

The offending lines in the header use a feature I've never seen mentioned in any book before:
	it appears that the macro accepts some sort of "symbolic" argument which is used to create the symbolic expansion using '#' characters.

(here's the line,  there are several of them and they all give the same error)

#define ENCODER_DEC(typename) \
void giop_encoder_##typename##(GIOPSendBuffer *send_buffer, \
			       const typename *mem)

Could someone explain this C (preprocessor) feature to me?

Thanks,
-D