Re: Silence & control-panel sound capplet crash

Dennis Bjorklund <dennisb cs chalmers se> writes:

> I tried to stop gtk to make sounds for some events. So I created a
> small short nosound.wav and put in /usr/share/sounds/.

I usually just enter the string "nosound" for each event I want silent
- seems to work fine.

> To trouble is that
> it didn't work. The speakers where sparkling and makeing noices.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone explain why it is that those
crackling noises are present?  Not just with short samples either,
although I do find they occur particularly at the beginning or end of
a sound.  A mild annoyance at worst, just wondered what caused them.

--
Cheers,
Rich.