RE: Re: Re: CD ROM and Floppy icons won't disappear

--------------Replied message--------------
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:20:14 +0100
From: "Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero"
<famrom idecnet com>
To: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Re: CD ROM and Floppy icons won't disappear

wege34 zonnet nl (2000-10-30 at 1012.00 +0100):
> 1. patch the kernel floppy driver to flush the buffer after every
> write operation. This would protect users from data corruption if
> they eject without dismounting.

Uummm, is not that what "sync" mount option does? Instead of async,
the operations are made in sync mode. Correct me if I am wrong.
<snip>
Yep, but the point was that 'mount'ing floppies confuses the hell
out of those not used to it (I forget it too often myself and look at
an empty /floppy directory, or the wrong contents). Making the
floppy driver sync mode by default might cure that at no great loss.

Mart van de Wege