Changing default icons

Hi Folks,

Just a minor problem: I have wine on my sytem and I set a new
MIME type "application/windows-executable" for extension ".exe"
with open action "wine -managed %f". I still have a few problems
getting wine to run correctly, but mostly I can start Win apps with a
simple double-click.
Now here's the question: in the control center dialog window, it is
possible to set the icon for a MIME type. I've shrunk the Windows
logo using the GIMP, so I have a nice windows icon, but somehow
gmc refuses to use it. It keeps defaulting to the standard launcher
icon. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Mart van de Wege