Wheel mice and Gnome-terminal?

I'm on a FreeBSD system running XFree86-4.0.1, with just about
everything updated. Recently I got my wheelmouse to work in X-Windows,
via 'imwheel' along with options for `ZAxisMapping 4 5`, in my config
file. And it works just fine for most applications (and since I only run
GTK+ applications, if I can help it, I havn't had to fiddle with much
.Xdefaults/etc)... except it completely fails in gnome-terminal.

The wheel produces ~'s when I move it up or down in the terminal. Anyone
have any idea how to fix this?

Also, is there a way to configure how MUCH it wheels in gtk+
applications? I'd perfer smaler, a line or two (at most three), and just
more wheeling to get where I want to go.

Thanks.

--Stephen