RE: Evolution discussion

I use outlook at work. So here's why I think evolution's
approach is a good one. Not great but good since it doesn't
do anything particularly new, except for virtual folders maybe.

1) To get Linux onto corporate desktop an outlook replacement
is needed. If evolution fits this need I will be asking the
IT department to overwrite my NT with Linux.

2) Some of the other features are e-mail related. The
mechanism for scheduling a meeting is to e-mail out the
meeting notices and the clients software recognizes these
e-mails and updates the calendar accordingly. Similar if your
boss uses the task feature to assign and track tasks.

3) Non-technical people prefer to have similar needs grouped
into one program. Although this goes against tradition Unix
standards. Its nice to have a choice between integrated and
specialized packages.

I'm looking forward to uses evolution/Galeon for me e-mail and
web needs. Now if I could just get Galeon to download I'd
be set.