Re: Some questions.

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Kristian Rietveld wrote:

> > Hello
> Hi!
>

> > I beginning to write a gnome application.
> > I didn't find a devel list, so I am not sure to be in the good place.
> > Is there a gnome devel list ?
> >

> Yes there is one, see
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-devel-list for subscription
> information.
>
> > I have a problem with this application.
> >
> > I use a function which works great in a standalone software.
> > But when I include it in my gnome application it does not work !!!
> >
> > I found that if I call this function just before the gnome_init it works
> > and when I call it just after it doesn't work !!!
> > It seems that sscanf doesn't work in the same way when the function is
> > called after gnome_init.
> >
> > Have you got an idea about my problem?
> >

> I can't say much without seeing the source, but it's unlikely that
> sscanf works in another way after you called gnome_init.

Yes, it behaves in another way because gnome_init set the locale. There's a
related question and a proposed solution in gnome-devel-list archives.

> 	Kris
>
> > Thank you :))
> >

> --
> "Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but only
> be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on."
> 	(Unknown source - taken from fortune-mod-1.0-11)

	Saludos!
	Greetings!

--
Arturo Tena
arturo directmail org

"we share our source code with others in the hopes that programmers overall can
make more progress by building on each other's works than by trying blindly to
replicate what was done decades ago"
   Philip Greenspun (http://www.photo.net/wtr/thebook/suck.html)