Re: (-) Sorry, your distribution type is unsupported.

On Thursday, September 28, 2000 18:32 -0600, Warren Young <tangent cyberport com> wrote:
+-----
| I don't know everything about it, but the change that requires your RPM
| database to be updated is due to the fact that they changed from
| Berkeley DB 1.85 to Berkeley DB 3.1.  I don't know what exactly that
| buys them, but DB 1.85 is ancient in computer terms.  It exists solely
+--->8

Mainly, that you don't get database corruption as often. The btree access method in 1.8[56] is known buggy and can corrupt databases; this may be where the corrupt-db problems with RPM 3.x came from.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery ece cmu edu