Re: _IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host

On 09 Apr 2001 12:03:52 +0000, Bart Kuik wrote:
> On 09 Apr 2001 11:52:30 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> > When I rsh to a remote workstation from within a GNOME session, then
> > execute e.g. gnome-terminal, I get the following error message:
> >
> >      _IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to
> >      non-local host kansas.kscanners.no
> >
> > What exactly does this mean?
> >

> before the rsh, you have to execute this command:
> xhost +<nameofotherbox>
> to give apps started from that box access to the X-server of your box.
> Not really a Gnome-issue btw

No, that's not it. This is _not_ an X server issue, I think it has
something to do with the session manager. The application actually
starts as expected (except for the error message), and X server access
problems would give a completely different error message.

- Toralf