RedHat 7.1 + Ximian problems?

I have installed a fresh installation of RedHat 7.1 (Seawolf).  I installed
"everything" and have added nothing extra.  I have run the Ximian installer
twice now in two different ways -- first remotely and second by downloading
all the files from their web site.  In both cases the installer will refuse
to install anything based on unresolved dependencies.

This is a FRESH install.  Everything is stock.  This is really becoming
disappointing to me now.  There should be no more ideal installation
platform than the one I have selected and yet it doesn't work.

Furthermore, there is a lack of flexibility in the installer.  Four install
options?  What's that?  We have no idea what we are installing in our
machines?  This is rather Microsoftian don't you think?  "Trust us, we know
what you want to install."

The error messages are vague with no apparent way for me to check or report
precise errors.

So now I have a fresh system that Ximian says will install but does not.  I
cannot tweak anything so that I can overcome the problems and I cannot
report the problems accurately because the errors are vague.  What am I to
do?

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. - Helen
Keller
UNIX *is* user-friendly; it's just picky about its friends.