Re: removing gdm

On 2001.12.08 01:33 Pollywog wrote:

I had this problem once and I tried installing the package I could not remove (I reinstalled it) then I tried removing it. That sometimes works, but what I would do in this case is to first disable the script by putting this on the first line after the line that has

#!/bin/sh

under that line add:

exit 0

that will disable the script so that perhaps kdm can start, then you can try to remove the gdm package.

oops...

The script I referred to is /etc/init.d/gdm
That is the one to edit in order to disable it.

--
Andrew