Cannot bind port 16001 error

I just upgraded glibc and Mandrake-Update on a Mandrake 7.2 system and now
when I start Gnome it takes about 2 minutes to come up. Any Gnome-aware app
that I start takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute to start also. If I
run a plain window manager like E, it works fine, any GTK+ only app works
fine, but any Gnome app still takes a long time to come up. When I log out of
X I see error messages galore saying "Cannot bind port 16001". I assume that
something has changed somewhere, but I have no clue as to where. Tried
re-installing Gnome, but no help. Any ideas?

Thanks,
		Woodrow