A few questions....

I have Ximian Gnome and Redhat 7 installed. I am using GnoRPM. Sometimes I get errors saying: "cannot get exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm /Packages." I really need to get that one fixed.

Second, I forgot to enable the option while installing Linux to use Graphical Login. So how do I go about having gdm appear instead of bash prompting me for login and password.

Finally, I need CDR support for my HP CD Writer and the new 2.4 kernal. How do I go about getting this? Someone mentioned to be to use kernalcfg or something like that?

I would strongly appreciate any help at all on these issues. Thanks a lot! :-)

Michael Weichert