Some questions about permissions setting

Hi!

I switch frequently between root and me (my user name) and sometimes
copy files to my home directory under root. The files, of course,
become undeletable under my user name. Is there a way to change owner
of all files in a particular folder recursivel?.
Also, I am looking for a good graphical program to manage users and
groups, linuxconf just doesn't have all flexibility that I need. Is
there one?

Also, I wonder if it's possible to set several Viewers for a
particular file type that can be accessed from the right-click menu,
such as Open with ... and View with ... Is it possible under the Gnome
version which is packaged with RH 7?

What are the major differences of the Gnome version under RH 7 and
the latest Ximian (in terms of user interface enhancements, not
particular applet/app versions)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Stanislav