Re: gdm: auto-login for cafe/library/kiosk use

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Anthony J Rein wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Check out Mandrake Linux. It has some sort of autologin feature,
> although I don't know if it wourld suit your particular situation.

  Thanks, but while we are using Mandrake on one machine at present, I
would rather not be tied to a particular dist. There is probably enough
desire for a timeout-auto-login so it should be done in official code; the
question is where. Gdm seems like a logical candidate, but I'm open to
suggestions for other possibilities in or outside of Gnome.

--
Jim		http://as220.org/jb