Re: C++ developing with GNOME...

Well, developer.gnome.org has some great info.  There are a number of books
available that deal with GTk+/GNOME programming (I recommend Havoc's,
although I suppose it might be a little out-dated soon.  ~,^)

And GNOME doesn't have anything to do with terminal apps.  ^,^

Also, if  you have any specific questions, ask on
gnome-devel-list gnome org .  Everyone tends to be pretty helpful there.
One of the only lists I consistantly get answers to my questions on.