pls. help. Complie problem on ORbit

Hello.  I am trying to get Gnome working on Solaris.  It has been ok up until
compiling the Orbit code.  I am using the gnu make, gcc, flex.  My path is setup
so that if I do a which on any of the utils the gnu ones are used.

I get this error when trying to do a make:

__IDL_lex_cleanup                   .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_prev_token_line               .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_in                            .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_lex_init                      .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_cur_token_line                .libs/libIDL.so
__IDL_lex                           .libs/libIDL.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/tstidl
make[2]: *** [tstidl] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/justin/ORBit-0.5.7/libIDL'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/justin/ORBit-0.5.7'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I have seen this error on other posts around the net, but no resolution.  Anyone
heard of this?

I am using Solaris 2.6 with latest patchset from sunsolv.

Thanks everyone!

JC