Re: Session

That depends upon your window manager I believe.  If you're using
sawfish place the windows where you want them, click the menu button,
click History, click Remember Position.  Or you can have sawfish
automatically remember window locations (look in the Gnome Control
Center, Windows Manager, Run Configuration Tool for Sawfish).

HTH,

    Steve