pmu applet

I am running gnome on a macintosh powerbook w/ yellowdog linux, and there
is a deamon for powerbooks that monitor battery power level, and there is
also a gnome applet that displays the battery status, and there is a
setting for the applet that turns of the amp monitor, but when I have that
turned off, and put the applet to the far right of the panel, and then
re-start gnome, the space where the amp meter would be is blank, and it
moves everything to the left, is there a way to either completly disable
that feature, or simply LOCK everything in place?

--
Jonathan Bertsch
bertsch 13 osu edu