Multiple Mouse configuration

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to get both a glide pad and an external USB mouse
working together under GNOME. I am running Xi Laptop Accelerated X which
is allowing me to have both mice running simultaneously on Redhat 7.0 and
I have seen them both working when not running a window manager. However
when GNOME initialises it somehow takes out the external mouse.

I have read that GPM can support two mice, I am not sure which config file
GPM looks in at start up or what I would need to do to allow it to see
both.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Brett Crawley