Re: Multiple Displays

Heinke Frerichs wrote:

> Does anybody of you know how to setup GNOME to work with 2 Displays?

i'm running gnome on two displays.  my only annoyance is that the login and
splash screens are split between the two displays (i.e., gnome centered
them in the virtual 2560x1024 window).  gdm.conf does not seem to have
any hooks for correcting this situation...  does anyone know how to
correct this?

> So how can I use GNOME on two screens with different resolution?

iirc, the HOWTO, "using the xinerama extensions to multihead xfree86 v4.0+"
covers your situation (see http://www.linuxdoc.org/).

--
bil <http://abweb.larc.nasa.gov/~kleb/>