Problems with running Gnome on Solaris 8

Greetings,

A couple days ago, I installed Gnome using the Helixcode installer here:

http://www.helixcode.com/desktop/instructions.php3?distribution=solaris

The install went fine, and then it told me that I could just log in from the
Solaris session login screen and choose Gnome as my desktop.  Sure enough,
it was there, but when I try to login, it comes up with a blank screen, and
then goes right back to the session login screen.  CDE still works fine.
I've looked around for any information about this problem, but I'm new to
Gnome, and a little lost on where to look (other than this list).  Any
ideas?  Thanks.

		-Jason

Jason Holliston
Quality Assurance Engineer