[Off topic] Cloning kernel config (was: CD Burning....)

> Sean Murphy <murphy erim-int com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > So where can I get the configuration of the RedHat 7.0 kernel that I
> > am currently using?

> The kernel doesn't store its configuration anywhere.  There have been
> proposals to make this available in some /proc file somewhere, but I
> don't think it's been done.

Just as a side note: SuSE 6.4+ kernels have been patched to show the
configuration of the running kernel via /proc/config.gz.

See e.g. http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/maddin_kernel_config.html

I am not using the SuSE kernel images, but I find this feature very
interesting. Does anybody know, if this patch is publically available
somewhere and if it can be applied to standard (kernel.org) kernels
as well.

Best regards - Juergen.