Re: cannot find -ldb

On 14 Jan 2001 14:15:01 -0600, David Fenstermacher <dfenster umr edu> wrote:

> Hello,
> Every time I try to compile a gnome application, I get the same error
> during the final linking of the program.  the compiler says:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb
>
> and then the make fails.

I had the same problem a few days ago. You said you are using Debian
Woody. Install the package "libdb2-dev" and you'll be able to compile
your GNOME programs. :)

Andras
--
The sticker on the side of the box said "Supported Platforms: Win 95,
Win NT 4.0 or better", so clearly Linux was a supported platform.