Re: installer

Randy Donohoe wrote:

    I just loaded up Helix Gnome and can't find an installer such as
kpackage or a dial-up program such as kppp. I've looked at all the menus
.. I'm new to Linux and gnome both. Any help would be appreciated.
Randy Donohoe

I think that neither of those happens to be a part of gnome. Your distribution should provide them. RedHat 6.2 certainly provides pppd, wvdial (and a slick interface to these called rp3) and of course the rpm system which is what I'm guessing you mean by "installer". They are provided in addition to gnome, not as parts of it. Maybe at some point in the future, gnome will branch into these other areas, but I don't believe it has so far.
-- David