keyboard short-cuts

Hi,
I have the following problem and did not know who can help:
>From other unix desktops and also from kde I know that switching
from one window to the next is done with the short cut Alt-Tab and
to the previous with Alt-Shift-Tab. In Gnome this does not work. What
is wrong? Is there a way to get this short cut? Or does anyone know
where
to find an answer?
Thanks
Joachim
Joachim Geiger                                  @\\
Institute for Plasma Physics, Euratom Association\\\
Department E3                                     \\\__
Boltzmannstr. 2                                  (  \\ \
D-85748 Garching                                  \_ \\(_
Germany                                             ) \\ \
e-mail: joachim geiger ipp mpg de                   \  -  |