Re: Error lib libxml.so.1 not found.

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 09:51:58AM -0000, Sergio Gallego DSP wrote:
> I have installed Gnome 1.4 on a Solaris 8 intel machine and when I try
> to execute some gnome applications, such as gnome terminal, Gedit,
> Ghex, I get the following error:
>
> i.e.:
> #gnome-terminal
> ld.so.1: gnome-terminal: fatal: libxml.so.1: Open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed
> #
>
> I've been searching the file system for that file and haven't found
> it. How can I restore it? or, where can I get it?

It's part of the gnome-xml package. You can download it from places like
the gnome ftp site(s).

If you get it from the Gnome CVS server, however, make sure you get the
LIB_XML_1_BRANCH branch of the tree (the main branch is libxml2).

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
The cost of feathers has risen; even down is up!