Ximian 1.4 == Dog Slow?

Hi all,

I just this weekend finally installed Ximian 1.4 on a RH 7.1 machine
at my house.  The 7.1 machine was running Helix 1.2 previously, and
working fine.  The machine has 64MB of RAM, and 256MB Swap - no swap
file.

After installing 1.4, it's "dog slow".  I just installed out of the
box (off the Ximian web site).  Any suggestions on what might be
causing the dogginess?

Also, I cannot seem to get Red Carpet to run... I hit the unsubscribed
channels, and click on one, and it says "loading page, please wait".
Well, I've been waiting since Saturday morning now.  Is there a port
that Red Carpet needs opened across a firewall?

Thanks in advance,

-Scott