When GDM starts, it kills my keyboard!

G'day, just installed and d/l'ed the whole helix/ximian-gnome suite and its all installed perfectly.. but whenever i start GDM to use gnome, my keyboard stops responding, pushing caps/num/scroll lock doesnt turn my little lights on, i cant login, and i cant change tty's or anything because my keyboard wont respond at all. my mouse does work.. and the keyboard works perfectly in linux and under X-win running different window managers (ie Enlightenment). Can anyone please help me, i really want to use Gnome.

Im running Debian (potato), kernel is 2.2.18 and stable, the mouse is an intellimouse equivalent and it works fine, and the keyboard is your standard 105 key US International..

I can't give you any output, because, like I say, i cant change out of GDM to get to a console to see whats really happening. I _can_ start linux without GDM though..

Any help who be much much much appreciated.

Thanks.
Mikey.