Re: File Dialog

Matthias Warkus wrote:
> Miguel de Icaza has, a long time ago, checked a module into CVS (I
> don't recall the name) with a bonobo-based clone of the Windows file
> requester. I don't know what became of the project.
>
> I sincerely hope that nobody intends to incorporate a clone of that
> monstruous dialog into GNOME and that Miguel's tentative was rather
> planned as a base for further innovation. For one, the Windows file
> requester scrolls sidewards, which is illogical, uncomfortable and
> horribly inefficient w/r/t screen real estate.
>
> I seem to remember that the KDE file dialogs have repeated Microsoft's
> error and are, in effect, sidewards-scrolling file manager components.
> We should not repeat other people's errors.
>
> mawa
Some months ago, somebody posted on this list a link to a library that
patches/replaces the default file dialog.
I find it most useful and this is actually what I use at home. But I am
unable to remember its name or its URL...
Maybe the person who posted it originally is reading this and could
refresh my mind ?

Fabrice

--
"If you stew apples like cranberries, they taste more like prunes than
rhubarb does." -- Groucho Marx