Re: nautilus: too many open files....

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 09:04:48PM +0200, Jens Stroebel wrote:

> While running nautilus, I experienced a rather inconvenient scenario a
> couple of times now:
>
> Applications starting their scheduled work (sendmail, trying to deliver,
> f.e.) fail with "can't load shared library"-errors  (*panic*,
> log-searching... relief...). These errors get induced by nautilus having a
> list of open files which is longer than the remaining system alltogether.

	I tracked this down to a mounted loop-filesystem which is
hm..  not handled correctly, I'd say....

Nautilus opens an increasing number of files on this loop over time, while
:) the amount of files on the loop stays the same all the time :)

		g, drifter
--
drifter outerlounge de
		http://www.outerlounge.de/drifter