And the logfile went wild!

Does anyone know why the /var/log/messages file would start spewing out...

kernel: cdrom: this disc doesn't have any tracks i recognize

and

gconfd: failed to notify listener #########, removing
IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

Both of these are thrown dozens of times per second, bloating the log files.
I figured it might have something to with magicdev (which auto mounts CDs?),
but the messages kept appearing after i killed magicdev's process. Once I
think it managed to stop by itself before I could find a solution. The
second time I had to reboot.

Thanks

Norman Elton