Re: File associations

On Tue, 2001-11-06 at 10:34, Jim George wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to associate zip, tgz, zoo, bzip2 and other file
> types in Nautilus so that I can view the contents of the file, and or
> extract them from there?

In the control center, under Document Handlers -> File Types and
Programs.

But I must say that this is one of the reasons I don't bother with
nautilus.  Try adding a new text editor for example, you need to add it
to every text/* mime type in the list, why is there not a separate place
to edit viewers and editors, so that I cna remove a whole heap, and
leave my preferred text editor as the default for all text types etc
etc?

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss