Help: Installing Ximian on Debian 2.2

Hi,

I have been trying to install Ximian on Debian 2.2 for a week now
and I have still not got it sorted!

I have installed Debian 2.2 with only the X stuff selected (during
install in simple mode). I then installed Xfree86 4.1.0 to run X
and configured that.

To install Ximian I downloaded the packages, installer and xml files
from the Ximian site and then burned them onto CD. I copied the files
then to my /home directory and then though X I ran the installer
program.

It launches ok and displays the installer dialog. It then checked
for dependancies and found some. At that point I stopped the install
process and added the packages that it said it needed manually.

After configuring sawfish-gnome and all the other packages it complained
about, I re-ran the installer and it keeps crashing with a Segment
fault when it checks dependancies.

The console I launch the installer from has a load of output in it
including:-

--- FAILED ---
Total failed: 0
--- CONFLICTS ---
Exiting install deps page
Entering install deps page
Adding package big-buddy
Adding package liborbit0
Adding package orbit
Adding package gnome-control-center
Adding package libcapplet0
Adding package gnome-core
Adding package gnome-applets
Adding package gnome-bin
Adding package gnome-help
Adding package gnome-help-data
Adding package gnome-panel
Adding package gnome-panel-data
Adding package gnome-session
Adding package gnome-terminal
Adding package libpanel-applet0
Adding package libga16
Adding package libaudiofile0
NOT adding package sawfish

..and then that is all...

Obviously it isn't working, but what is the best way to go about
installing Debian and Ximian? I would prefer a method of creating
a CD with all the packages and then installing it that way, rather
that having to have a network (Internet) connection.

If someone could maybe let me know a good bottom up installation
route, then I could follow that.

---

b e n @ j a v a c o d e r . n e t - w w w . j a v a c o d e r . n e t

Access over 330 professionally developed online training courses
Purchase a 12 months membership online.  Click below for details
      http://training.beginners.co.uk/index/vid/eml