Re: compiling gnome-libs-1.4.1.2; DB 1.85

Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> > I`ve problems compiling gnome-libs to built gnome myself.
>
> On what OS?

Linux, build from the newest linuxfromscratch.

> > The doc tells me DB 1.85 or DB 2.0 with DB 1.85-support is required to
> > built gnome-libs. But i could only find DB 3.3. I compiled DB 3.3 with
> > DB 1.85-support, but compiling of gnome-libs fails and I get an
> > error-message that DB 1.85 or compatible DB is not installed.
>
> Try one of these two:
>
> ./configure --enable-prefer-db1         (from ./configure --help)

I found one error was db is by default installed in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB-*version*, but I had to install it in /usr/local
to be detected by the configure script. But now when I try to make
gnome-libs, I get the following error-message:

[...]
In file included from gnome-metadata.c:60:
/usr/local/include/db_185.h:171:parse error before *
[...]

I'll try to install db-3.1.17 instead of 3.3 because someone mailed he
had succesful compiled with this version.
Maybe the header-file db_185.h of db-3.3 was changed and is buggy.

> The patch at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=5058
>
> If you try the patch, please add a note to the bug saying whether
> it helps or not.

I didn't install the patch, but I looked what it changes, and it won't
help to solve this problem in my opinion because the header-files are
now detected and after the pach gnome-libs would also prefere db_185.h
if installed.

Thanks

	Martin