Pilot Link Problems

I have been having problems recently trying to sync my palm with my desktop. I am running redhat 7.1 with the latest ximian gnome installed (I can't remember if the problem appeared when I installed ximian or when I installed redhat 7.1). When I sync it syncs for a while and then the connection get dropped. I have to kill the gpilotd to get things to sync again. Also, the pilot helper applet does not show the proper icon (it just shows a mini foot) and doesn't do anything. Has anyone else had similar problems? Thanks.
				Daniel