Re: Gnome/Sawfish desktop

Hello again.

Very many thanks to Mikael, Paul and Mads for the information. These are the
three people from whom I have received replies up to the time of sending this
posting.

I have "dragged and dropped" the menu entries from Nautilus and the desktop
now has some very pretty icons on it. It's easy when you know how!!

I can now mount the CDROM as well as the floppy. The only alteration I had to
make to the "fstab" line which you said to include, Paul, was to change it
from

/dev/cdrom      /mnt/cdrom      iso9660  user,exec,dev,suid,ro,noauto 1 1

/dev/cdrom      /media/cdrom      iso9660  user,exec,dev,suid,ro,noauto 1 1

It must be the difference between SuSE and Mandrake.

For automount, I am not all that bothered about it. I just mentioned it in my
original posting as something I had wondered about. I'll leave things as they
are.

Thanks again for the help.

Keith