Re: Gnome to be based on .NET?

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 23:17, Paul Cooper wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 22:52, Crispin Wellington wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > MIT/X cant even be construed as more 'free' as in price.
> [snip]
>
> If you don't like the MIT/X license how are you using gnome - unless you
> have some GPL XFree server that you're not telling us about.

Whats that comment for? Maybe Im using DirectFB. Maybe Im using WeirdX.
Did I say anything about X at all?

As I said at the end of the email, its the programmers right to choose
the licence they want their code under. Yes I use X. I use software
under a BSD licence. I use commercial software. But if I had the choice
I'd choose GPL software over other licences. One day I might have that
choice with this other software.

I don't "don't like the MIT/X license". I could say to you "If you don't
like the GPL then how are you using gnome" but then you didn't say you
didn't like the GPL. Arguing the strength of one does not per se imply a
hatred of the other. I just think the GPL and the LGPL protects the Free
Software movement in an era of monopolies, intellectual property and
litigation.

Crispin