cutomize default desktop icons

Hello,

I search the lists and google, and I can't find a way to have for example
a netscape icon on the a default desktop for all my users. It could also
be an icon on the panel if it is easier ...

I would like to have something like simply creating a netscape.desktop
file somewhere like /usr/share/gnome/desktop/netscape.desktop, so that
every user logging to the workstation get defaults icons on their desktop
or in the panel .

I hope there's a better way than copying a ~user/.gnome-desktop of a model
user to everyone's ~user/.gnome-destop directory -> what a waste of
space,time and maintenance !.

Thanks.

--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email: Jehan Procaccia int-evry fr