Re: Some example code for a new crash handler

Hongl Lai <hongli telekabel nl> writes:
> I have made a small example program that displays a crash dialog, but
> lets the main program alive so the user can save any open documents
> before closing the program.
> The code is attached in this email (2.1 KB).
>
> I think GNOME 2.0 should handle crashes this way.
> Comments? Suggestions? Flames? Trolls? ;-)

It just doesn't work - there is no way to "recover" from segv.

Most typically I'd expect you'd get dialog after dialog as the initial
segv resulted in more and more segvs. Worst case you could get
dangerous behavior such as writing memory garbage to files.

The right solution here is twofold: a) features such as auto-backup in
the applications and b) fix bugs that cause crashes...

Havoc