RE: Galeon Starting Problems - SOLVED

Havoc Pennington wrote:
----------------->>>>
Bradford Hovinen <hovinen ximian com> writes:
> I have gotten piles and piles of the error message you describe. Usually
> running gconftool --shutdown in a console window seems to clear it up
> for me.

Upgrade to 1.0.7 if you haven't, and it should be fine. I haven't
gotten any reports of "can't start gconfd" kind of problems with 1.0.7
except for those caused by funky NFS issues.

(You have a "can't start gconfd" problem if you run "gconfd-1" in a
terminal and it exits right away.)
----------------->>>>

Havoc suggested upgrading to 1.0.7 and then running the rebuild on galeon
schema

This was the successful solution to the problem!  With Havoc's advise here
is what I did to get this working:

1.  Installed latest rpm (upgraded) of GConf -> 1.0.7
2.  Rebuilt the galeon schema by running the following on the command line
(note the \ is there for easier read don't need to include it, it is all one
command):

 GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-1 --get-default-source` \
 gconftool-1 --makefile-install-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/galeon.schemas

3.  Restarted the GConfd by running the following on the command line:

 gconftool-1 --shutdown

4.  Started galeon by running the following on the command line:

 galeon &

Or you could probably click the icon for Galeon in the menu panel, but this
is the way I did it.  Thanks all who responded!