Re: Opening files that start with %

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 12:02:19PM +1200, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
[..]
> Ha, Once not long ago I accidentaly created a file called -somefile
> Tried to rm -somefile and got an "error invalid option" ;o)
> I know this dosent help but hey, share and share alike huh?

You probably already realise this, but that is a different problem. The
hyphen indicates an option is coming next, so rm gets confused (well it
behaves correctly, but not as you would expect). rm ./-somefile is the
usual workaround. On the other hand '%' is not a special prefix for rm,
so that's just a bug.

Cheers,
Malcolm